Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Konnichiwa

I'm taking off for Japan the rest of this week. A couple of wives and I are taking a free military flight up there to visit the commissary and experience the other American luxuries we don't have in Singapore.

For example: They have an Outback Steakhouse, a Burger King, and a TACO BELL Express ALL on the FRICKIN' BASE. There's several restaurants all in a five minute drive, not to mention all of the other comforts of home they have too. It's like a little city.

So....I might be a little jealous.

You know what we have in Singapore? We don't even have a base. We have a "place". (That's what the military wives call it.) Once you get to our "place" we have diddly. We have a NEX the size of a large gas station convenience store, a Subway and The Terror Club. I'm not even sure we can claim the Terror Club either.

So I'm going to Japan to see if the grass is greener over there. I'm packing my hoodies and jeans cuz they have Fall there. Right now, I'm brushing up on my Japanese...

Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto.

Got it.

No comments: