Friday, September 5, 2008

There's a reason Mrs. Fields went under

I totally get why housewives of the 50s were always baking. Now that I'm a housewife, I see the light. These women weren't trying to appease their hardworking husbands and their well-behaved children. This wasn't love and selflessness for the sake of a family's happiness. Those chicks were b-o-r-e-d. Bored.

I am also bored. I am a baking fool. It's not funny either. Check out the list of things I've made in the past four months:

Cherry cobbler
Mexican cheesecake
Chocolate chip cookies (about 10 times, they're Aaron's fave)
Peanut butter bars
Cinnamon rolls (3 times)
Chocolate chip cookie bars
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies
Brownies

Isn't that sad? We don't have children. Only one of those things were made for someone else...kinda. We also don't go to community picnics that require I bring a dessert. We don't even donate to bake sales. I make these things and only two people sit around and eat them. Two! It's a wonder my ass isn't the size of the moon.

To make matters worse, we usually don't finish one item before I'm off baking the next thing. (Example: One portion of cherry cobbler still sits in the fridge and the macadamia nut cookies are already done and in the cookie tub on the counter.) This is getting out of hand.

I think someone needs to take away my baking sheets.

1 comment:

Joleene said...

Or maybe you can profit of off your new found past-time? I am sure that Singapore is in need of an American Pastry Boutique. Nothing better than making money doing something you were already going to do.