Monday, November 2, 2009

An Incredible Halloween

Thanks to my super sweet sister, we were the Incredibles this past Halloween. Of course, we came without a Dash, Violet and Jack Jack (like my sis' family last year), but we were Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl: The Early Years.

My sis mailed us the costumes for our superhero themed party and we had so much fun with them, that we just wore them to everything, all weekend.

Don't worry Sis, they're still in one piece and unscathed. :)

One thing that surprised us though was just how many people asked to have their pictures taken with us. I'm not even talking about at the parties we went to, we kept getting stopped by Singaporeans walking along the street. We probably got stopped by at least eight random strangers to have our pictures taken as we were walking to our numerous destinations.

The conversations usually went as such:

"Uh sah, can I take a photo?"

"Sure. Why not."

"Oh great. Mr. and Mrs. Superman."

"Uh no, but sure. Whatever you wanna call us."


Several people said this. Now, I know The Incredibles is an American movie, but come onnnnn people. I know Singapore has at least been exposed to it.

For the locals that were this clueless, I'm sure they didn't even know we were celebrating Halloween. To them we're just the freaks walking around like super heroes.

I'm alright with that.

5 comments:

Catt said...

G'day, i stumbled across ur blog while doing some searching on Singapore. I have been to Singapore before, in 2003 i think it was and I was wondering if there are any Old Navy or AE stores there? I live in Australia and I love Old Navy and AE. Also, where would be the best place to buy western sized clothing?

Megan said...

Hi Catt,

Man, I wish there was an Old Navy or an AE here. I'm in love with AE and have been wearing their clothes for forever.

Unfortunately, there's neither place here.

However, there are some other options. There's Marks & Spencer (a British shop), Forever 21 (US shop), Top Shop (British shop), the GAP (US shop) and a few other options. I've had to really search to find sizes that fit me as I tend to need larger tops than most Asian girls.

What I really do though, is stock up when I'm home and then wear the heck out of stuff. Occasionally I order some replacement items here and there online. Clothes here in Singapore (at least the styles and sizes that Westerners are used to) tend to be on the expensive side.

I hope that helps. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. :)

Kristen said...

great costumes!

Debbie said...

"For the locals that were this clueless, I'm sure they didn't even know we were celebrating Halloween. To them we're just the freaks walking around like super heroes."

Too, too funny! (your comment).

I think you two look so cute in those costumes and the fact that you wore them all weekend is hilarious! What fun!

Cori said...

Wow, Elastogirl has gotten much bustier than last year. Ha ha! Couldn't resist...

Glad the costumes were put to good use---scaring the locals it sounds like, but a good time, nonetheless.

Love you and miss you!