Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dark Knight in a comfy recliner



Last night, Aaron and I went to see The Dark Knight at Vivo City's Gold Class theatre. The dinky picture above shows what the theatre looks like. Pretty schnazzy! Those seats recline to a full 180 degrees and each set of two get their own table, wine chiller, full dinner/drink menu and a blanket. It should be the way every movie theatre is --- minus the $25 a head charge.

The movie was fantastic and Heath Ledger was seriously phenomenal. We both really liked it. I liked it way better than Batman Begins. Aaron didn't. We both agree that Christian Bale and Heath Ledger make a much better Batman and Joker than Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. My only complaint was the dang thing was sooo long, I had to leave during a climatic moment to use the restroom. I hate doing that. I always miss something so important that the end totally doesn't make sense. They should allow a bathroom intermission for movies that long. Seriously, anything over two hours deserves a pee break. This movie was 2 1/2 hours. The beer during the movie didn't help either, I'm sure.

It was our one event of "moving weekend". Now, we're up to our noses in packing, unpacking, going up several flights of stairs and going down several flights. I can't wait to get our stuff on Monday though. I've even forgotten most of what's in the big crates from home. It'll be Christmas in July! Ha.

No comments: