Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's finally here

Moving day is in sight. Today, Aaron called me while I was Skype-ing with my parents and said that we have keys to our new place. This came as a bit of a shock as I was unaware that we officially had "a place".

They'd been trying to get us into the apartment across the way for a couple weeks, but we hadn't agreed to anything yet. We'd been reluctant to accept the apartment style house that the Navy was offering (ahem, telling us to move into) because 1) It was on the third freakin' floor, 2) It had 3 bedrooms and we're only 2 people that share ONE room and 3) We REALLY wanted a place to ourselves, away from other (noisy) families of 5.

Since we're the "youngins" on base, our efforts to rationalize our preference fell on deaf ears. So Aaron snagged the keys in order to look at the place before we signed on the dotted line.

Here are some pics. Minus our original complaints, the place is pretty nice...and freakin' huge.


This is the view of the dining room from the living room. I really like the columns and ledges. I already have several ideas of how to decorate these.



Here's as much of the living room as I can fit into one picture. It is massive. I have no idea what to do with it. We'll never have enough furniture to actually fill the space. Singaporean furniture tends to be on the rather small side...shocking, I know.



I hope you all can see that beautiful stove right there. I say "beautiful" because there are no celsius readings on the oven knob and the oven is normal-sized. IT'S AN AMERICAN STOVE PEOPLE. I'm so happy!



Here is our brand new American fridge. They also threw in a deep freezer that's located around the corner. On the other side of the fridge is a walk-in pantry. God Bless Family Housing.



This is the master bedroom. It has a bathroom and a storage room leading off of the other side.


This is Aaron's bathroom. We each get our own (which put huge smiles on BOTH of our faces). He gets the one with the stand-up shower and I get the one with the tub. I'm a bubble bath kind of girl.

There's many more pictures on Facebook. We're going to start moving our stuff from Bachelor Housing in over the weekend. Our packout stuff from home will be delivered Monday afternoon.

The man in charge of housing said that in August, more duplexes may open up and we might be able to move into one at that time. I dunno though, we may like this place better. We shall see.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Sis! I'm so happy for you! And the place is beautiful! Keep me posted, and have fun unpacking all your gifts. Good times.

Jeni said...

Wow your new place looks awesome! I especially love the blue toilet. That is so very Singapore. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty and I'm sure secorating will take up a lot of your down time!!