Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Real jetlag is not as fun as the Jetlag bar in Lawrence

I'm jetlagged and it sucks. I got home okay though. Flying back was a lot easier than flying there. I flew 7 and a half hours from Singapore to Tokyo. Then, flew 7 and a half hours to Seattle, which is waaaaay easier than the 13+ hours I endured while flying from DC to Tokyo. I will keep this in mind when Aaron and I book trips back home later.

So from Seattle I flew to Denver and then from Denver to KC. I was dead tired. I still am. I slept for 11 hours last night and took a nap today and I'm still drained. Argh! I don't sleep well either. I think my body still thinks it's on Singapore time. I wake up about every couple hours. Fun. Not.

It's really nice to be back home with my family and American food though. However, I insanely miss Aaron...and the warm weather. On the good side, Aaron had me download Skype last night and now I can talk to him via webcam on the internet. It's so much nicer and it's FREE. I'm going to get everyone set up with this before I ship off again. I love being able to see people when I talk to them.

Well, I'm going to rest up because it's Melskey's birthday this weekend and my bridal shower. So, I need to catch my Zzzz's and get some HNTB stuff done. (Miss you all!)

2 comments:

Cori said...

I'm so glad you're home. I didn't call today, because I knew you'd be tired. I may need some help Sunday morning with the kids while I get things ready. Call me when you have time.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back safely. That is a very very long plane ride...that has to be such an adventure! So is there like other Americans around that you can make friends and stuff when you are in Singapore?