Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bump-It Up

I am a huge sucker for anything related to beauty products and accessories. You'd know this if you ever saw my bathroom counter. You can't even see what color it is because every inch is taken up by products, samples, clips, hair ties and so on. I'm always accumulating more stuff. It's a sickness really. One that I'm pretty sure gets worse as I get older.

So the minute I saw "Bump-Its" on The Ellen Show, I immediately knew I must own my own. I got online and ordered those puppies that day.

What are Bump-Its? Bump-Its are little plastic accessories from heaven. They were made for girls like me who have a hard time teasing innocent hair follicles into voluminous waves.

Here's what they look like.

They are also really easy to use. You insert these under a layer of your hair at the crown of your head. And magically, your hair looks like it defies gravity -- and Singapore humidity.


Wanna know what they look like in action? Of course you do.

before

after
Ta da! Insta-volume. I'm wearing the medium-sized one as the big one was a bit much for my beginner eyes. I'm not used to seeing so much volume here. I was even reluctant about this one when I first put it in.

Now, I'm loving it. I'm going to test it later by going outside. I'm very scared to see what the humidity will do to my teased Bump-It do.


Here's my favorite part though:
I have been dying for this much volume with a pony for years.

I heart you Bump-It.

P.S. In my excitement of ordering the Bump-Its, I accidentally ordered two boxes of them. Yes, I'm friggin' special like that. So now I'm debating on selling them on E-bay or to a friend. If anyone wants to buy them. Let me know. I don't think I'll be needing eight Bump-Its at my house. Plus, I must spread this joy around.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm actually really interested in buying 2 sets of your bumpits! I can't wait to get my hands on those after watching the demo on the website. How much are you selling them for? Drop me a mail at chan.ilica@gmail.com. Thanks, Ilica

Joleene said...

I love your facial expressions in these pics...I can feel your excitement.

They look super cute on you too.

BLogger said...

Wow those look great. If I used them on my hair I might just get as much height as your before picture!

Anonymous said...

hi. im interested in buying them. how much? email me at solocoolgal@hotmail.com

Deborah said...

Hi there! I would like to buy them, but if you've already sold them, i was wondering if you could tell me how to got them to ship to Singapore...

you can contact me at howmanyaccountsarethere@hotmail.com
or just reply here..lol. Thanks!

Megan said...

Deborah, I do still have them! I tried to email you, but it didn't work. Email me at singaporejhawk@gmail.com and I'll coordinate with you.

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hi are they still available? if not is it possible to share where you got them from? thanks babe!
reneeoh@live.com

Megan said...

Hi, it's Megan here. I've had lots of inquiries to this one. Yes, I do still have the bump its available. However, they are dark blonde in color. That's been a major concern with the Asian girls who've been wanting them. If you still want them, please email me at singaporejhawk@gmail.com. Thanks!

-The American girl in Singapore

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm interested to buy it. Do u still have it with u?

Megan said...

Hey Anon,

Just take note that the hair color is dark blonde. If you are still interested, please email me at singaporejhawk@gmail.com.

-TAGIS

Pin xiu. said...

Hey!
Do you still have the bumpits? I would just love to get them from you! Btw, how much are u selling it for?

Please contact me directly at pinxiu_2005@hotmail.com

Thanks a million! Appreciate it if you would help me get awesome hair instantly:)