Monday, June 8, 2009

Five Favorite Things About Summer

I was tagged by fellow blogger Kristen to name my five favorite things about Summer. This was a hard one for me. I haven't experienced an actual Summer in about two years. The last summer I had was pre-marriage, pre-real job and pre-living in a perpetual state of Summer. I used to love Summer and looked forward to it with as much anticipation as Christmas. I crammed as much as I could into one Summer and would cry when it ended.

Times have changed. I'd kill for a Fall or even a Spring right about now. Living in constant heat makes you miss things like cute jackets, pretty knitted scarfs and hot chocolate.

So I dug through all of my old Facebook photos to find things that reminded me of why I love Summer deep down under all of this Singapore bitterness. And I found some good ones.

My list goes as such:

#5. Cookouts

I know technically we could have a cookout in Singapore, but then that would require a grill, one that we didn't bring with us to Singapore because we are just that smart.

(The pic is of my sister, my niece and me at my KU graduation cookout. I miss them so much.)


#4 Vacations with the Girls
Before we started graduating, getting jobs and getting married, the girls and I took a yearly trip. We had some of the best times of our lives and I love love love just having a gals' trip.

#3 T-Bones baseball
T-Bones baseball games are so much fun. They are way more entertaining (and cheaper!) than a Royals game. Plus, at a T-Bones game, you might actually see a win.

#2 Concerts at Sandstone
Ok, I know it's not technically called Sandstone anymore, but I refuse to call it whatever ridiculous name they change it to every year. It will always be Sandstone to me.


#1 The Lake
Seriously, I don't think I've ever had a bad time at the lake. It can be any lake for that matter. I don't discriminate. I'd go to Lake Perry, Lake of the Ozarks and where ever else you'd want to go. And I'd want to stay there for the rest of my life (or at least till the end of summer.) There's just nothing more relaxing than sitting on a boat with a cold beverage in your hand.

(Please excuse the ridiculously old photo. It's from the summer of 2005 and I look like a baby. At least you can't see my baby --ahem, *cough* beer fat.)

I think at this point, I'm supposed to tag more people to do this topic. However, I can't narrow it down to just five more people. So consider this an open invitation to blog your five favorite things about summer. When you do, let me know because I know I missed something good on my list.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

thanks for playing! I love Perry Lake too!