Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cheeky Chocolates

I talk about food a lot, don't I? Please excuse me, I'm a Heffley. We love food.

But, I must tell you about this lovely cafe I went to yesterday.

It's called Cheeky Chocolates and it's on Upper Thomson Road. I'm kind of in love with it.

My Singaporean friend from work took me there after I confided in her about my chocolate addiction. This trip did nothing but make it worse.

We walked in the door and saw chocolate everywhere.

Seriously. Everywhere.

It's in a glass case at the register. It's on the tables. It's all over the menu. It's in the air. Oh the smell. I could breathe that air forever.

Like I said though, it's all over the menu. They have spicy hot chocolate, frozen hot chocolate, handmade chocolates, chocolate layered cakes, chocolate sundaes and the list goes on. I was completely overtaken with glee. It's the happiest menu I've ever seen. I wanted to hug it.

But I didn't. That would have been weird.

So anyways...

My friend ordered the chocolate crepes. Check out these bad boys.

She let me try a bite. It was trouble. I'm going to have to go back there just to get these dang things. They're just amazing.

I ordered the warm chocolate cake
and it smelled so good that I accidentally ate half of it before I remembered to take a picture. Sorry. But honestly, could you resist finding that gooey center? I totally couldn't. Gooey chocolate is my weakness.

I'm pretty sure that I will be a frequent visitor of this cute little chocolate paradise. The temptation is just too great to resist.

They even have non-chocolate food items on the menu so that you can have some dinner or lunch with your dessert. Or better yet, an excuse to tell your husband why you really want to go back once a week.

"No really babe, I'm just going for the mushroom crepes. I don't even want chocolate cake."

But that's just crazy talk. Everyone knows chocolate cake is a perfectly wonderful dinner.

And when I actually do weigh 300 pounds, I will also be eating those words...with my chocolate cake.

3 comments:

TC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

At this rate, I may never get off the treadmill! Ha ha. :)

momma said...

I'm sure the mushroom crepes would be your favorite hah Maybe in your next like. Enjoy the chocolate baby girl.