Thursday, August 27, 2009

So I'm a lil' crazy about my donuts

This is the face of a happy girl. A very happy happy girl.

This girl is holding a bag of Krispy Kreme donuts in her hand. A ziploc bag of happiness, is what it is.

When my lovely friend Mia heard about our disappointing trip to Dunkin' Donuts, she assured me that she could make it better.

So she went to Melbourne to visit a friend and got us these while she was out and about. Isn't she the bestest ever? She's best thing since sliced bread.

I was a happy happy happy girl. For a whole day.

Then I came home from work the next day and discovered that someone, who shall remain nameless, ate two of them. Two!!!! That's not an even split, is it?!

Then that person had the gall to say, "They're just donuts, Megan."

Obviously, this person isn't aware that the nearest Krispy Kreme is hundreds of miles away.

Just Donuts, they are not.

I'm now locking myself in a back room so that I don't do mean things to said person.

7 comments:

TC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ursie said...

OH. MY. GOD. How many did you have, you lucky girl?! I'd do almost anything for those! What an *ss that person is. ):

Unknown said...

i wish i would have read this two days ago. i am here to visit from the states, and was in tokyo before this... could have snagged up a whole dozen for you! i can't imagine life without KK!

Brad Farless said...

That's... horrible.

I just came back to Singapore from a trip to Phuket. While I was there, I (literally) waded through a flooded street to get a dozen Dunkin Donuts from the Patong Beach mall to bring back to Singapore with me.

(Ya, found out later there is a Dunkin Donuts on the airport departure area, but that's beside the point).

Something about the typical donuts in Singapore don't appeal to me. They're made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sweet, or not sweet at all.

It was so good to sink my teeth into a Bavarian Cream donut again, but I do love the plain glazed ones too. Oh, and now that I think about it, the Dunkin Donuts in Patong Beach didn't have plain glazed either.

Cori said...

Divorce the bastard.

Just kidding Aaron! You know I love you! It's about time that Megan starts sharing her sugar.

Hey sis, do you want me to send you some prepackaged KK's? I will if you want.

Megan said...

Will they get here before they start to mold? It sometimes takes up to a week and a half or two for the crappy mail men to give our stuff. (Just kidding, Aaron.)

If you think so, then yes! That'd be a nice treat. If not, then I'll just gorge myself when I come home next.

Cori said...

I'll check out how long the expiration dates are and get back to you.
Miss you!