Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fudgies to the rescue

These are little drops from heaven.

No, they're not just cookies. Please don't ever call them just cookies.

These are what diversified dessert in our house. It's nothing short of a miracle.

You see, my husband is a chocolate chip cookie man. Whenever I baked something that wasn't chocolate chip cookies, he let me know that he was disappointed. It was the only thing he requested. Like ever.

So needless to say, I'm about sick of chocolate chip cookies. I make them about twice a month. I was dying for some variety.

In comes the Fudgies.

Aaron has gone on the record to say that these are his new favorite cookie. I've already made two batches in the last week.

Thank you God.

These are so much better than the previous dessert staple of our house for many reasons:

1) They take only 4 ingredients.
2) Prep time, cook time, and cool time all take less than 30 minutes.
3) I CAN FIND ALL INGREDIENTS IN SINGAPORE FOR CHEAP.

The third one is just a gift in itself. Baking supplies in Singapore can be pretty costly.

(*By the way, for the recipe, just click on "Fudgies" above or go to the "Bun in the Oven" blog site listed on the right)

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Have you ever been to Phoon Huat? There are several different outlets - you can google it. The stuff there is generally cheaper and they have a lot of it.

Brad Farless said...

Everywhere I've been in Singapore baking goods look highly priced, and if there is an outlet, it's on the other side of the island making it not worth the transit fare to get there.

And...

You have an oven?! I have a ... toaster... oven... thing. I don't use it much.

Brad Farless said...

Err. BTW, I change my name and picture back and "hid" a few things. Somehow I want some recognition for my blog. -_-

TC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Megan, definitely going to try this recipe. Looks delish! Why didn't you bring some in to the office. Selfish girl! Smile....

Brad Farless said...

Ha ha ha! You just got busted out by your coworker!

Megan said...

Sandra, it's Aaron's fault. Remember I told you that I made cookies and he threw a fit when I said I was going to bring some to work? That's why. He ate all 36 of them too. I told you he's like a big child. :)

Brad Farless said...

Hey Megan? Tell Aaron I agree with him. I wouldn't let good cookies out of my sight either! Mine! Nom nom nom!

Unknown said...

OK, you're forgiven, but tell him he could spare a couple of cookies for me to try given the fact that he has been gobbling down all the food I have been giving you to take home to him......